Meet David Leiva
David is from Sabá, Honduras, and is a second-generation Christian. His father, Angel Leiva, saved and mentored under the ministry of missionary Brady Duren, is a paster and the founder of several churches in broader Sabá.
David serves full time with MissionWings as our Director of Operations in Honduras and has been working with us for 1-1/2 years on a mostly volunteer basis. He is our boots on the ground and manages most of the work currently happening in Honduras. Seeing his commitment to the success of MissionWings, we want to start giving him a monthly salary. Our current target is $300 per month.
His responsibilities include:
- Operations and maintenance
- Communications management
- Emergency management and business continuity
- Project management
- Property management
Projects he is currently managing are:
- Overseeing the construction of our airstrip and hanger, including;
- Researching and sourcing construction materials
- Negotiating and coordinating with engineers, contractors, and governmental bodies
- Verifying and ensuring compliance with regulations
- Scheduling and managing temporary workers when more workforce is needed
- Sourcing of a weather station for the airstrip
- Managing construction of new restroom facilities on mission property
Projects he has seen to completion
- Bringing electrical access to the mission & airport property
- New water lines to mission property
- Airstrip access road improvement
- Automotive maintenance
- Building & facility maintenance
David is an intelligent young man of high caliber. He has a great work ethic and a motivation to get things done for the Kingdom of God. He is committed to serving God, and we consider it a blessing to have him on our team.
Please pray for David as he has a lot on his shoulders.
We ask that you consider supporting him financially monthly.
If you would rather mail your support, make checks payable to Mission Wings and memo for David Leiva.
735 E Oak St, Orrville, OH 44667